St 284, Olympic, Boeng Kengkorng.
089 888 378/ 093 888 797
From July 2022 onwards, individuals, sole proprietorships, entities and branches of foreign companies engaged in electronic commerce or E-Commerce are required to apply for a permit or license from the Ministry of Commerce. Failure to practice with the law will result in fines and penalties.
Some of the following transactions are exempted from applying a permit or license:
- Advertising of its goods or services includes the advertising of goods or services that are not contractual requests.
- Provision of services without deposit or payment by customers or users.
- Sale of goods or services of a natural person or sole proprietorship with a turnover below the small taxpayer turnover level (below 250 million Riels or approximately US$ 62,500).
- Sale of goods or services that are family-based or seasonal.
- The sale of goods or services that are purely personal artwork.
- Private tutoring.
- Training or education about the state religion.
- Training by associations or non-profit organizations directly or indirectly, and activities or operations by state institutions in the provision of public services are also exempt from the requirement to apply for a permit.
For the purpose of extracting data and protecting users, even if the obligation to apply for a permit or license is waived, the person exempted from the above obligation must also notify to the Ministry of Commerce of his business with the provided form from the ministry of commerce and send to E-mail email@example.com.
Validity and fees of permits or licenses
- The fee for a permit for individuals is 200,000riel (50$) with a validity of 2 years from the date of issuance by the Ministry of Commerce (3-7 working days).
- Fee of permit for sole proprietorships is 400,000riel (100$) with a validity of 2 years from the date of issuance by the Ministry of Commerce (3-7 working days).
- Fee of license for legal entities or branches of foreign companies is 1,000,000riel (250$) with a validity of 3 years from the date of issuance by the Ministry of Commerce (5-10 working days).